Saturday, January 23, 2010

Trying to be modern

I have spent the greater part of the day today (when I should have been doing other things) looking at Blogger templates and playing with widgets. Should a grown woman be allowed to play with widgets? It seems that the answer is no, since I've got a new, cleaner look to my blog but I don't really like it. I kind of liked my dorky lighthouse.

I downloaded a lot of interesting templates, but they just don't seem to suit what I want to do. Does anyone know of a widget where readers can make recommendations of books and movies that they like? I don't like them buried down in the comments, but I haven't found the right widget yet.

Help bring me into 2010 in a classic, yet modern style.

2 comments:

Jessie Weaver said...

I admit I like your old style better. I think you need something that speaks of France! Sure it's out there.

A widget I thought you might like:

French word-a-day

I'll ask around about the other.

Got My Reservations said...

This is a new one. I'm not in love with it either -- too sweet. It's a good thing my identify isn't wrapped up in my blog layout!