Saturday, February 27, 2010

Losing It Part One

In the spirit of family solidarity, I'm jumping onboard Vanderbilt Wife's Losing It challenge. I was doing it anyway, so I might as well go public. I have lost a little weight and most of it seems to be from around my waist, creating a problem with my existing work clothes. I keep having to yank them up, which is quite unattractive in front of eighth graders.
 
I went sale shopping this week at both Catherine's and Lane Bryant. I found myself unwilling to buy anything, and that's a first for me. I never met a sale I didn't like. I just don't want to load up my closet with even more stretchy clothes that will forgive me for my sins. I can't help but think about Stacy and Clinton as I view myself in the mirror. My mom pants with the "hidden" elastic waistband are now hanging down so that the crotch is somewhere just north of my knees. Did I actually say crotch (twice!) in public?

Speaking of sins, the last twenty-four hours have been challenging. In addition to breaking training on Friday morning with a sausage biscuit, I ate some yummy pizza and fast food sandwiches. I can hear you asking why I would fall off the wagon so alarmingly. It was the sleep study that I was scheduled for last night. I'm not making excuses, I'm just keepin' it real.

Did you ever take a sleep apnea test? Just the idea of sleeping overnight in a strange place wired up with electronic leads was enough to set off a food binge. Combine that with having to pass by the vast array of CPAP machines that are in my future and you get the picture. Literally. Have I mentioned that I am extremely claustrophic due to almost drowning at 4-H camp? I can't scuba dive, I can barely snorkel, and I can't imagine how I could possibly wear one of these masks. Not surprisingly, the tech told me that I snored. Loudly. What else is new? Losing some weight would help, though, which brings me back to the challenge.

I need to exercise. I need to find time to exercise. I need to figure out how to exercise with a bum knee and sore feet. Somehow Shredding does not seem appropriate for Old Jennie.This week's goal is to add exercise on three days.

% Lost: I lost 1.6% of my body weight.
Last Week's Goal: I didn't quite make it, but avoided going to McDonald's for breakfast until Friday. Only once this week. That's progress.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My dad uses a different kind of CPAP that's not that huge, scary mask. He used the scary mask for a while, and then gave up, because he hated it. Last night was his first time using the new one. Let me know if you want me to get more info from him.

Lala said...

Did you like the Jimmy Dean D-Lights? I find them to be a very good and satisfying alternative to McDonald's breakfast, and one of those plus a banana keeps me full until lunch.

Got My Reservations said...

To MB: Can't wait to hear about the new mask. Still...

To Lala: Yes, I do like the Jimmy Dean D-Lights. I've been experimenting with different levels of protein during the day and will probably include those in a later post.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

I'm glad you're linking up! And dealing with loose pants is a pretty good problem to have, right? :)